Friday, August 15, 2008

My Run-In With The Trail

This morning Aaron, Jason, and I set out to be hardcore mountain bikers. We were having a great workout and enjoying the beautiful scenery until... I was coming down the mountain on my Ford Pinto of a mountain bike and happen to press a bit too hard on the VERY touchy front brake. I ended up flying off the side and skidding across the trail. This was all being watched by another biker going up the trail who didn't even stop to help me up. Luckily my hero of a brother came around the corner shortly after and helped me up and back down the trail. He even let me ride his Mercedes of a mountain bike and his gloves while he rode my bike, which is much too small for him. He is the best brother ever! He also exercised some SERIOUS self control when the dude that didn't help me up came down the trail as we were loading up the bikes. I pretended like it was not the dude so Aaron wouldn't use some choice words or throw one of his guns at him. Anyway I am fine, just a bit cut and bruised, but Amy and my Mommy helped bandage me up. Oh and please ignore the serious case of helmet hair displayed in the above picture.

3 comments:

rocky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caitlin said...

You're so hard core. I swear I am a wimp! I would be crying in this picture! I hope you're okay though. You rock my world.

Kat said...

That's exactly what I look like when I go biking with Jon on my Honda Accord of a bike - and exactly why they don't let me do it pregnant. We should compare scars.